Welcome to Canterbury at Davidson College
Canterbury at Davidson is a community of Episcopalians and friends who gather weekly for worship, fellowship, and a home-cooked meal on Sunday afternoons. We welcome all students, faculty, and staff to our services: life-long Episcopalians, those looking for Christian community, and those who have lots of questions. We also have weekly Bible studies and regular service events both on campus and in the wider community.
Would you to like to become involved with Canterbury at Davidson, or maybe you have some questions?
Please contact Kevin Lloyd, Episcopal Minister at Davidson College.
Highlights of the past year:
- Thanks to the parishioners at St. Alban’s home cooked meals were provided every Sunday for the students. Not one Sunday was missed, which is apparently a rarity. This is due largely to the coordination efforts of Karen Vander Molen & Sandra Johnson. Both women deserve many thanks.
- The youth and adults of St. Alban’s prepared exam "survival" bags for the Episcopal students on campus. These included baked goods and cards, which the students greatly appreciated.
- The backyard bonfire pumpkin carving Halloween party.
- Canterbury cosponsored a "Mindfulness Day Hike" with Davidson Outdoors.
- Two Davidson students attended the 2014 Diocesan Convention with both voice and vote.
- We are now worshiping in the Oasis, a new space designated in the Alvarez Student Union for intentional religious causes. Our community meal that follows is in one of the multipurpose rooms in the Student Union.
- Morning prayer from the Book of Common Prayer is being held Monday through Thursday on campus in the Oasis.